Water analysis Conducting and evaluating physical-chemical and microbiological water testing in accordance with the German Drinking Water Ordinance and other relevant legal regulations.
Testing of products and devices Initial testing of products and materials in contact with drinking water. Our Test Centre is accredited for more than 200 different product standards according to DIN EN ISO 17025. Test and develop UV technology.
Treatment technologies Develop sustainable water supply concepts. Implement, monitor and optimise new technologies. Test and further develop existing treatment methods.
Micropollutants and microorganisms Develop and improve the method of determination using cutting-edge equipment. Investigate the presence, behaviour and retention of inorganic and organic micropollutants in the water cycle and drinking water treatment.
Network management and drinking water installation Microbiological quality change, deposit formation and cleaning and optimisation of the distribution network operation. Evaluate and analyse corrosion damage.
Risk management Support for water supply companies to establish a Water Safety Plan. Benefit from our extensive expertise.
Contaminated sites Evaluation of the decomposition potential at contaminated locations. Development of sustainable ways to eliminate pollutants from the environment. Employ a combination of microbiological and technical methods.
- About TZW
TZW experts address all drinking water treatment matters, working on the basis of scientific contexts and taking into account technical and operational aspects in view of technical regulations. Economically viable solutions are devised that offer a high degree of supply reliability. Particular importance is given to the development of new technologies, the adaptation and optimisation of existing treatment systems and processes, and the creation of drinking water supply concepts.
Development of drinking water supply concepts
Changing framework conditions and increasing requirements make it necessary to evaluate future viability and create a strategically redesigned drinking water supply structure. We offer:
- Technical and operational assessment of the supply situation
- Development of structural concepts
- Determination of treatment requirements
- Development of treatment concepts and specification of system design
- Cost-effectiveness studies
- Risk management
Evaluation and optimisation of drinking water treatment methods
Raw water used for the drinking water supply can contain both naturally occurring ingredients and anthropogenic micropollutants, which make it necessary to treat the raw water. We create treatment concepts according to your specific case and support supply companies to implement these concepts.
- Particle elimination (flocculation, filtration)
- Membrane filtration (RO/NF, MF/UF)
- Iron removal / manganese removal
- Softening / desalination
- Adsorption onto activated carbon (activated carbon in granular and powdered form)
- Ion exchange
- Hybrid processes
Process development and optimisation
To maintain the constantly increasing requirements on water quality and plant engineering, treatment plants need to be assessed and aligned. Besides considering the potential to optimise and extend existing plants, we also test and develop new methods.
- Analysis of the treatment technology in terms of the performance of existing plants
- Investigations into the optimisation of industrial plants
- Design, construction and operation of pilot plants
- Model-based dimensioning of membrane processes
- Assessment of innovative process developments
The effectiveness of treatment methods depends on both the operating conditions and the materials used. Impeccable drinking water quality also requires verification of the metrological monitoring and quality control of the used materials.
- Verification of the online measuring equipment
- UV sensors
- Quality control of activated carbon
- Quality control of further filter materials
Additional fields of work
- Evaluation of water quality
- Evaluation of water miscibility
- Calculations on the lime/carbon dioxide equilibrium
- Selection of suitable activated carbon
- Recycling / disposal of waterworks residues
- Further sewage treatment
Information and Links
Methods and equipment
Test facilities for diverse treatment technologies on a pilot and laboratory scale
Test methods to test the quality of filtering materials
Online measurement devices to monitor pilot and industrial scale plants (turbidity, particles, nanoparticles)
Use of filter sands from water treatment for the desulphurisation of gases (HiPur)
The objective of the HiPur project was to investigate the suitability of filter sands for the adsorption of H2S as well as the economic potential…Read more
Occurrence and elimination of antibiotic resistance genes
The continuous and high use of antibiotics in recent years has led to an increase in antibiotic resistance not only in humans and animals, but also in…Read more
CLEANING INDUSTRIAL WASTE WATER USING ULTRASOUND AND BIODEGRADATION
The objective was to develop a new method to degrade toxic industrial waste water containing phenol by combining ultrasonic (US) treatment and…Read more